SCOTLAND GOLF PACKAGE
Golf some of Scotland’s most famous and oldest courses. On this fully customizable hotel and travel package, you’ll get the chance to golf on the same greens as some of the world’s greatests. Enjoy your stay at the Scores Hotel in St. Andrews – just across the street from the golf museum and a 9-iron away from the 18th green at the infamous Old Course, Scotland’s most famous golf course.
Challenge yourself at five championship Scotland golf courses full of incredible views and sites of some of golf’s greatest moments.
Accommodations at luxury hotels, just steps from the course you’ll be able to play.
Customize your trip to Scotland's best golf courses with our hotel and travel packages and hit all of the greens you want to play during your stay!
Don’t worry about the details! MST will handle everything - tee times, caddies, clubs, tours and sightseeing opportunities.
Full Scottish breakfast included every morning.
Maximize your experience by adding 3 extra days of golfing and 2 nights at the Turnberry Resort on the west coast of Scotland!
Scottish Golf Package Details:
5 day East Coast only package:
4 golfers self drive: $2921
8 golfers with driver (deluxe coach): $2921
8 day East and West Coast Package:
4 golfers self drive: $4692
8 golfers with driver (delue coach): $4692
West Coast Only (based on double occupancy):
4 golfers self drive: $1771
8 golfers with driver (deluxe coach): $1771
Your Scottish Golf Package Includes:
- 5 nights at Scores Hotel in St. Andrews (if selecting East Coast package)
- 2 nights at Turnberry Resort (if adding West Coast package)
- Full Scottish breakfast at The Scores Hotel each morning
- Two 3-course dinner at Scores
- Golf at 5 championship courses: St. Andrews New Course, Crail Golf Club, Kingsbarns Golf Links, Carnoustie and St. Andrews Old Course (green fees also included)
- Host/driver or self drive with automatic car
- Host will meet and greet you at airport and provide transportation during your trip; or transfer you to rental company to pick up your own transportation
- Golf representative on-hand during your entire stay in Scotland
- Experienced Mac Golf travel agent will coordinate your entire itinerary in Scotland as part of your hotel and travel package: air, transfers, golf clubs, caddies, golf tee times, tours, meals, pubs and personal interest
- All taxes and service fees
Good to Know:
- We need full names of all members on the tour. Names should be submitted as they appear on their passports.
- Once tee times are arranged and deposits are paid, fees maybe be involved if the number of golfers expected to play on tour changes.
- A handicap card verifying your handicap is required by many of the courses. A copy of this card must be carried with you, and a copy must be sent for our records.
- Standard accommodations provide a room with two twin beds.
- Requests for double beds must be made in advance. Additionally, requests to upgrade accommodations to superior rooms must be specified in advance and will be charged at a higher rate. Single occupied rooms will also have an additional supplement.
- The use of caddies is highly recommended (where available); as electric carts are very limited on the courses you will play a on your golf trip to Scotland. Should you desire caddies, please request them at the time of booking. When caddies are used, you are responsible for paying their charges directly. Cost is approximately £35 – £40 GBP per caddie plus tip (approximately £10).
- In addition to the above mentioned information, a deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to confirm your tour package. Golf tee times and hotel room reservations are not confirmed until the deposit is received, so an early response should result in better tee times and desired accommodations.
- Additional nights
- Additional golf
- Change accommodations from budget to 5 star
- Scotland tours
- Single golfer supplement
- Non-golfer pricing
Day 1: Arrival to Scotland. Golf host will assist you with luggage and transfer you to Scores Hotel in St. Andrews. Afternoon golf at the Balcomie course at Crail Golf Club.
Day 2: Golf at St. Andrews New Course
The New Course is regarded as the oldest “new” course in the world – it was set out in 1895 by Old Tom Morris. It’s a classic links course with undulating fairways and challenging greens.
Day 3: Golf at Carnoustie Championship Course, host of the 2008 Open Championship.
Many, including Walter Hagen and Gary Player, rate Carnoustie as the best links in the world. After your round of golf you can enjoy the town of St Andrew’s many sites, pubs and admission to the St. Andrews museum.
Day 4: Golf at Kingsbarns Golf Links, a “must play” course in St. Andrews.
Golf Links offers spacious fairways, rolling and twisting through dune ridges and hollows, large greens inviting even play on windy days, subtle challenges, and views of the sea from every hole.
Day 5: Golf at St. Andrews Old Course (if ballot is successful)
In the unlikely event we cannot get you a tee time on the Old Course, we will instruct you on when and how to work with the starter to get on The Old Course or we can arrange an alternative round of golf for this day and refund the difference in cost. If only doing the east coast package, day 5 will include your transportation to airport for your return flight.
Carry on the Adventure! The West Coast Add-on Includes:
Day 6: Depart St. Andrews and drive or transfer to 5-star Turnberry Resort. Golf at Turnberry Kintyre Course.
The Kintyre, so called after the long, narrow peninsula lying beyond the Isle of Arran in the Irish sea is an exhilarating Open Championship course.
Day 7: Golf at Royal Troon Old Course, host of The Open Championship in 2016.
Royal Troon Old Course is one of the great links courses in Scotland and home to many Open Championships. You also have the option of playing Port Troon and Robert Trent Jones layout. PLEASE NOTE: Royal Troon handicap requirements: must have a handicap of 20 or less and a handicap certificate and letter of introduction to prove it
Day 8: Morning golf at Turnberry Ailsa Course. Transfer to airport and return home!
The Ailsa course is regularly acknowledged in the top 3 links courses in the world and came into international prominence with the famous duel between Jack Nicklaus and Tom Watson over the 4 days of the 1977 Open Championship.
The Scores Hotel at St. Andrews(opens in a new tab)
The standard hotel for our Scottish golf trips, you can relax during your east coast stay in this beautiful Victorian style hotel dating back to 1864. Nestled just minutes from the center of town, The Score Hotel at St. Andrews has everything from golf courses to shopping to Scotland’s oldest university! Enjoy your over the West Sands or landscaped garden on the grounds of this historic city. Grab a bite to eat between rounds of golf and exploring the city at one of the hotel’s four restaurants. Don’t forget to check out some of the day trips offered through your accommodation!
The Turnberry Resort(opens in a new tab)
Enjoy your two night stay at one of Scotland’s most luxurious hotels. This iconic hotel is perfect for Scotland golf course trips as it sits right on the Turnberry Kintyre Course overlooking the western coast of Scotland. Making it even more mystical is its views of the Ailsa Craig and the Isle of Arran. With fully refurbished bedrooms and suites, you’ll be able to rest after a long day on the links in style. Take advantage of the many amenities the hotel has to offer from the gym, pool and fitness center to the various restaurants and lounges and resort activities. Just minutes from some of the best links in Scotland you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the best of the west.
The Old Course
The St. Andrews Old Course tee times are based on success through the daily ballot. We will enter you in the ballot each day at 2 pm starting prior to your arrival to Scotland to assure you success – we have 5 days which means we should get you a tee time at the Old Course. In the unlikely event we cannot get you a tee time on the Old Course, we will instruct you on when and how to work with the starter to get on The Old Course or we can arrange an alternative round of golf for this day and refund the difference in cost.
PLEASE NOTE: that the handicap limit on the Old Course is 24 for men and 36 for ladies. Bookings must be for a minimum of two golfers. The Old Course is closed every Sunday and times are not available on a Saturday. Important to confirm your desired dates due to various tournaments and events on the Old Course. The following are the five options for tee times and playing the St Andrews Old Course:
Option 1: St. Andrews will start accepting applications for tee times on September 5. MST Golf will walk you through every step of the process. Accepted applicants will be notified directly from St. Andrews if they were successful in November. You must pay for and apply for another St. Andrews course when applying for an Old Course time.
Option 2: If your application for a tee time was not successful, or if you have missed the deadline to apply, the option of the St. Andrews ballot is always available. Approximately 50% of Old Course starting times are not allocated to advance starting times but are allocated via the ballot (source – St. Andrews Links Trust). Many visitors take advantage of this method of playing the Old Course. If designed properly – a tour can allow for good odds at receiving a starting time via the ballot system. Our Scotland office handles all of the details of entering your names for the ballot. The daily ballot or lottery is drawn after 2:00 pm for play on the following day (except on Saturdays for Monday play as the Old Course is closed on Sundays). Our representative will notify you by phone or fax at your hotel or cell phone of the outcome of the ballot. Please note that the Old Course green fee will be included in your tour price and you will be given the green fee in pounds upon your arrival into Scotland and you will be responsible for paying this green fee at the time of check-in with the starter. If you are successful through the ballot, you will present yourself at the starter’s hut at your ballot time. If other golf has been pre-arranged for that day, our Scotland representative will take care of contacting that golf course to rearrange any tee times to another available day. If unsuccessful in the ballot – you will be re-entered for each following day you are in St. Andrews. Please note: the ballot does not offer an absolute guarantee for play on the Old Course.
Option 3: MST Golf obtains guarantee tee times from some of our local hotel and our golf vendors. These tee times are an additional $450 – $600 approximately per person and this includes another round at one of the St. Andrews courses.
Option 4: MST Golf can buy packages from the Old Course Experience. These packages can include 2, 3, or 4 night hotel accommodation along with tee times at some of the other St. Andrews courses. These packages start at approximately $1,800.00 per person.
Option 5: If not successful in getting a tee time through ballot then we will instruct on how to work with The Old Course and the daily starter to get you on The Old Course when time comes available that day.