IRELAND GOLF TRAVEL
The most popular golf vacation is to Southwest Ireland (see itinerary below). Let us know if you prefer a different itinerary whether it is golf courses in the North, Dublin or southwest Ireland area. Our client tells us we are the best value, fun, and service in the industry!
The below 6-night trip to South West Ireland will give you a chance to play some great links courses and sample the hospitality along with the beautiful scenery of County Kerry. You will stay at the Malton Hotel in the heart of Killarney while playing the famous Ballybunion Championship course, Killarney GC and Waterville (where Payne Stewart remains honorary Mayor).
Day 1 Depart USA on evening flight to Ireland
Day 2 Early morning arrival into Shannon, Ireland (optional golf can be arranged)
Hotel: Malton Hotel, Killarney for 4 nights
Day 3 Golf: Tralee Golf Links
Day 4 Golf: Old Head Golf Links
Day 5 Golf: Waterville Golf Links
Sightseeing around the Ring of Kerry
Day 6 Golf: Ballybunion (Old Course)
Hotel: Vaughan Lodge, Lahinch for 2 nights
Your Scotland Golf Vacation includes the following and more:
- 4 nights at The Malton Hotel, Killarney (4-star)
- 2 nights at Vaughan Lodge, Lahinch (4-star)
- Pre-arranged tee times and green fees at the 5 courses listed above
- Rental mini-van with unlimited miles, basic CDW, all taxes and manual transmission.
- Full Irish breakfast daily.
- Mac Sports Travel golf and touring assistance
- All taxes, service fees and VAT
Cost per Person for your Ireland trip:
For Self- Drive:
$2521 based on 4 golfers double occupancy
Escorted (Includes driver expenses and fuel)
$2803 based on 8 golfers double occupancy with a driver and deluxe mini-coach throughout your stay
Single occupancy add $645
Note: Price based on current exchange rate of $1.10 to €1.00 (Euro) Fluctuations to the currency exchange rate may involve a price change before final payment
- Round trip air
- Choice of accommodations from small Irish owned hotels to 5-star properties
- Sightseeing tours
- Where to eat and evening entertainment
- Extend your stay – how about the Highlands or Ireland
- Private and Helicopter transfers
The Malton - formerly the Great Southern Hotel - has been a favorite retreat for over 150 years. It is situated in the town center with six acres of gardens, and car parking provided for all guests. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Every room offers luxury, whether in the Main House, with its high Victorian ceilings, or the newer Garden Wing, for contemporary comfort and style. At the end of the day, unwind with your favorite cocktail in The Punchbowl Bar, where drinks have been served in style for more than a century. The leisure center includes a swimming pool, steam room, sauna, hot tub, gym and hydro-massage bath. There are also two outdoor tennis courts.
The Vaughan Lodge – Michael and Maria Vaughan built this lovely lodge in 2005. The Vaughans have been taking care of guests in Lahinch for over 4 generations and it shows! Rooms are spacious with Power Showers, Free Broadband and Wi-Fi. A drying room is provided for wet gear. The Lodge has a highly acclaimed Seafood Restaurant open each night. The clubby lounge bar offers an extensive collection of fine malts and brandy. Vaughan Lodge is a real treat for those who crave individual attention and hearty Irish Hospitality. This is good old fashioned hotel keeping for a modern era! The lodge is perfect for a first night arrival or before departure from Shannon Airport.
TRALEE – Par 71, 6840 yards. Arnold Palmer may have been commissioned in the early eighties to design and construct the golf course at Tralee but centuries before that, nature created the cliffs, the faunas, the rugged terrain and the wild Atlantic Ocean all of which together make Tralee one of the world's most scenic and spectacular true links golf courses. The treacherous traps and undulating greens all add up to make this a golf course you will want to tackle again and again.
WATERVILLE – Par 73, 7311 yards. Golf at Waterville is a mystical experience – the beauty of classic links land, surrounded by the sea, yet forever challenged and shaped by the elements. Over 100 years old, Waterville is rated among the top 5 courses in Ireland and the top 20 links courses in the world. Links golf combines sand dunes gorse and native grasses, firm fairways, sod faced bunkers and subtle putting surfaces all intertwined by the ever changing weather. Waterville also became a favorite place for Payne Stewart to visit; in fact today there is a life size bronze statue that pays him tribute.
OLD HEAD – Par72, 7200 yards. Old Head Golf Links, one of the most talked-about courses in the world, is built on a 220-acre diamond of land, jutting out over two miles into the Atlantic; the promontory is almost an island with numerous caves running beneath your feet as you play the course. Nine holes play along the cliff tops, and all eighteen holes provide stunning ocean views. The 360-degree vistas will distract you, but do not relax too much as the ever-changing sea breezes will challenge you at every turn.
BALLYBUNION - Par 71, 6598 yards. The Old Course is consistently ranked as one of the world’s top ten courses, and described by Tom Watson as “the best in the world”. High praise indeed for this magnificent test of golf which meanders menacingly through massive dunes on the shores of the Atlantic. Close by, the Cashen Course, with its succession of formidable par fives and breathtaking beauty, amply qualifies as one of the world’s masterpieces.
LAHINCH – Par 72, 6950 yards. Frequently referred to as the St. Andrews of Ireland, Lahinch looks out on the ever changing Atlantic Ocean, and is subject to all her mood swings. The main championship links at Lahinch is justifiably proud of the reputation it has gathered as a stern challenge to even the most gifted of golfers. The notorious Klondyke par five, 4th hole forces the golfer to play over an intimidating dune wall to a 'blind' green.
Why Golfers Choose Mac Golf Travel
- We know Ireland and have Irish hosts who are available to provide as little or as much attention as you need.
- We have special rate agreements with all of our hotels, van rentals, tours, drivers and golf course partners.
- A knowledgeable and dedicated rep to coordinate all aspects of your Ireland Golf Experience not just during your trip, but in the planning stages and after you get back.
- Meet and greet service at arrival airport
- All bag handling at Ireland airports.
- Full escorted service with driver/host or rental vehicle with unlimited mileage - CDW included, gas extra.
- Full use of golf club houses including the changing rooms, showers, lockers, dining room, bar.
- All local taxes, VAT and service charges included on all services
- Travel packet with maps, helpful hints, restaurants, pubs, shopping and sightseeing options
- Assistance of MST and local Ireland office
- 24/7 emergency help line
- A knowledgeable and dedicated rep to coordinate all aspects of your Ireland golf experience
- We know how important it is to have a worry-free trip – that is what we do best because we are travelers and golfers ourselves!
The following information is required to confirm all aspects of your package.
- An accurate number of golfers who will play on the tour. Once tee times are arranged and deposits paid, fees may be involved to change and/or cancel the original reservation.
- Full names of all members on the tour. Names should be submitted as they appear on their passports.
- A handicap card verifying your handicap is required by many of the courses. A copy of this card must be carried with you, and a copy must be sent for our records.
- Standard accommodations provide a room with two twin beds. Requests for double beds must be made in advance. Additionally, requests to upgrade accommodations to superior rooms must be specified in advance and will be charged at a higher rate. Single occupied rooms will also have an additional supplement.
- The use of caddies is highly recommended (where available); as electric carts are very limited on the courses you will play. Should you desire caddies, please request them at the time of booking. When caddies are used, you are responsible for paying their charges directly. Cost is approximately 35 - 40 pounds per caddie plus tip (approximately 10 pounds).
- In addition to the above mentioned information, a deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to confirm your tour package. Golf tee times and hotel room reservations are not confirmed until the deposit is received, so an early response should result in better tee times and desired accommodations.